Where should I start?
- Start with awareness. "Only awareness is educable." (Gattegno) If this true then where should we start? Click on image below!
- Start with ethics, values. Equality and justice. What kind of world do you want your children to live in? Start with your own interests.The simplest formulation is Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, be kind to the planet (it’s the only one you have). Then Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.(in that order!!)
- Start with careful observation of your surroundings, the places where you live and work. Stop, look and listen. Try to look beneath the surface. Try to see clearly, without prejudice. Develop a vision.
- Start with relationships with yourself, others and your surroundings. Examine your inner and outer worlds. Your feelings towards all things.
- Start with your senses. Do you prefer images, sounds, smells, text, facts or artefacts? What helps you create rather than react?
- As a teacher educator or student teacher read John Huckle (briefing paper for TDA 2006), Stephen Sterling (recent presentation), (editorial) & Steve Pratchett's Curriculum Model for ESD. Read the 7 concepts for ESD ,the 2003 Ofsted Report Taking the First Steps HMI1658, and May 2008 Ofsted 'Schools and Sustainability: A Climate for Change?' Download the list of websites. Go to Publications.